Thursday, February 7, 2013
Concentration
I changed my concentration from black and white studio portraits portraying emotion to landscapes involving water. While going through all of my photos I realized that I had a lot more landscape pictures and prefer taking landscapes more than studio portraits. I noticed that many of my photos involved some type of water, whether it was a lake, ocean, sound, river, etc. and what they all had in common was that the water was very still and glass like. So my concentration is now focused on the serenity and peace that water can bring. Some of my pictures involve a vast water base completely still but with Manhattan or the Boston skyline in the background; therefore the sense of quietness and peace in the shadows of big cities. I also have some photos that are not typical landscapes such as a bathtub filled with a blue or orange bath bomb that adds color to the photo but also represents calmness and a stress reliever. One photo I want to add is of a red oil rig like boat in the middle of the sound that is moving yet no ripples or waves are being produced. But with my manatee picture I am not sure if it should go into my concentration or my breadth as underwater photography. Manatees are very peaceful mammals, and what I like about the photo that I think can work with my breadth is that it just looks so peaceful and still; on the other hand would it just stick out in my concentration like whoa where did that come from?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.